REALLY wide tires...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, I found a great deal on a set of 375/60/18 Mickey Thompson MTZ's... and I mean a REALLY good deal.

I am very concerned that I will have major trouble fitting these tires.

Currently I'm running 6" of lift in the front and 5" of lift in the rear with 35" tires... (they clear no problem)

The 375/60/18's measure out to be 35.7" tall and 14.8" wide... (yeah I know...)

I'm not worried about the height at all (I could squeeze 37's easily), but what do you guys think about the 14.8" width? They will be mounted on my 18x9" rims.

Don't know if 1/2" spacers would help at all but I could probably grab some of those too.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those rims might be more of a problem than anything. A little to narrow for my taste.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII Using Tapatalk2

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
RUB RUB RUB. All I have to say. Probably good for going straight, but as soon as you go to turn, you are going to be hitting a lot of body panels and bumpers. Going with a wider rim would be advisable, but that is only going to make your rubbing issue all the worse. You will most likely also end up with rubbing in the rear of the truck with the tires against the frame.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's too bad, I was really hoping I could fit these tires and get that 'wide' stance I've been trying to get. Oh well, it's not worth going through all that trouble, even if they're a good deal.

rex450se

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think you may be able to fit them. You are looking at less than 2 inches difference in width, so less than and inch on each side. Plus if you add some 1/2" spacers your looking at less than a half of an inch on the inside. I would use your current setup and take your wheels from lock to lock and see what kind of clearance you have. It may not be too far off that it isn't doable.

This is what I used to get a comparison of the tires that are in your signiture to what you want to get.

325/65-R18 vs 375/60-R18 Tire Comparison - Tire Size Calculator

If it's that good of a deal it would be worth looking into more. Just my 2 cents.

Victor

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think you may be able to fit them. You are looking at less than 2 inches difference in width, so less than and inch on each side. Plus if you add some 1/2" spacers your looking at less than a half of an inch on the inside. I would use your current setup and take your wheels from lock to lock and see what kind of clearance you have. It may not be too far off that it isn't doable.

This is what I used to get a comparison of the tires that are in your signiture to what you want to get.

325/65-R18 vs 375/60-R18 Tire Comparison - Tire Size Calculator

If it's that good of a deal it would be worth looking into more. Just my 2 cents.

Victor

Well, I guess I'm going to try... I just ordered some 1/2" spacers to go along with the tires too. I checked it out and it doesn't look like adding even another 2" on the inside of the wheel wells will result in any rubbing, I think my only major issue will be when I turn, and hopefully the spacers will take care of SOME of it.