Rear AC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anthony57

Reaction score
So my front AC is working fine. The rear AC however blows hot air and then from time to time it will blow cold air but not for longer then 30 minutes then the hot air starts again. Any ideas what might be wrong or how I would start to diagnose the problem?

OP
OP
A

anthony57

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have located the rear blend door. It's in the very back of the vehicle under some side panels. What would I be looking for as far as the blend door not working. How would I be able to tell it needs to be replaced? Also where are the expansion valves located? Thanks for your help.

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the expansion valve is attached to the refergant lines coming into the hvac cavity should be box shaped with a disc on one part of it.. to check operation of this valve, you can feel the temperature of the lines after the valve. if it does not feel cold on either side, you need to check the charge on the system.

as for the blend door, would like to help but my expy is in ga, I am in wisconsion :(