Rear Airbag Replacements w/ Lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adam T

Reaction score
Hello all. Has anyone found a good alternative to their rear airbags that would give a little lift as well? I have a 2012 Limited with the self leveling system for towing and I don't want to get rid of that capability but want to lift that back up a little bit to match the small lift I did up front.

ale6jandro

Reaction score
I'm looking for the same. I need to replace my airbag on my 2007 (3rd Gen) and if I'm going to change all the shocks and suspension why not going with a lift. Lets see if we can get some advice here

drokmofo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's out there. Search more. It involves lengthening the rod that the sensor is on. There is a dude that sells the assemblies for $50 or $80 or so. U can diy it with some allthread, etc.

OP
OP
Adam T

Adam T

Reaction score
So just an update to my previous post. I had originally did a Ranchero Quick Lift up front which gave me about 1.5 inches of lift in the front to "level it out" but I personally had an issue with the look of the wheel well looking higher than the back. I realized it was going to happen but over time I didn't care for the look so I then decided to replace my rear struts/airbags and was able to get the look I wanted. I went with the Strut Masters replacement struts (https://www.strutmasters.com/collec...tion-rear-air-suspension-conversion-kit-fx3rb) for the rear and ordered a 1.5" spacer lift in the rear (https://www.ebay.com/itm/263823796751) off Ebay. The stance now looks like it did from the factory but now with a 1.5" lift all around.. I like the look better.. I will say though that the ride is not as good as I had hoped.. it does bounce around a little in the back but its not too bad.. I get no errors at all but I think part it is that I disabled the self leveling system so it does remind me each time I turn it on that its off and I just hit the reset button and it goes away.. not a big deal. Now I hope to fit some 33" Micky Thompson Baja tires on it!

Attachments

• expy20.jpg
    expy20.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 5
  • expy19.jpg
    expy19.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 5