Rear Cabin Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiddKid

Reaction score
2018 Expedition Max Platinum with 108K miles. I feel dumb even asking this but here we go…

Left the house at 4am this morning for an early flight with the family. I look in the rear view mirror and the rear door lights and the overhead light in the cargo area are on. The front overhead lights are off.
- No door ajar alarm
- if we hit the cabin light button, the front lights come on as well. Hit it again, just the front go off but the rear lights stay on
- toggled the door light functionality button
- re-opened/re-closed the doors multiple times
- turned off the car and back on
- played with dimmer buttons (wife was on google saying to try those) but nothing.

Can’t figure out why the rear lights are stuck on.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there another switch in the rear? Often cabin lights have 3 position switches door open, off, on... Maybe it got bumped with luggage?

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A child must have turned on those lights manually back there. Mine do it all the time and I literally have to get back in the car, close all the doors, Turn on the engine, wait for the cabin light to automatically turn off and then see what lights remain on, then turn them off manually at their location.

OP
OP
M

MiddKid

Reaction score
A child must have turned on those lights manually back there. Mine do it all the time and I literally have to get back in the car, close all the doors, Turn on the engine, wait for the cabin light to automatically turn off and then see what lights remain on, then turn them off manually at their location.
I wish it was that easy. All my kids are teenagers and all the lights were on. As we were driving they were hitting the switches to turn them off and they wouldn’t turn off. Hmmm…