Rear hatch button-2019 Max

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In the "plus" category, you are just about the only owner on here who has stated that their kick sensor works.
Haha...mine works like a champ, but I agree I am also an outlier.

Getting it to work is like learning the piano: worth it when you master it, but a true PITA to accomplish.

TheNoid

Reaction score
This is a result of the tow package...not sure if yours is so equipped or not.

Yeah, I have the tow package and have spent way too many minutes swinging my feet under the tailgate to try and figure out the right way, perfect angle, etc. I get like a 2/25 leg swing success rate on the left, and I've yet to get the right side in 50+ tries.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the tow package and have yet to get the kick to open to work with my feet. On the plus side, when I looked under the back to find the sensors, it opened. LOL

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Navigators favorite car prank it to open the hatch as I’m connecting my trailer... good times.

otherwise, I can get the hatch to open with the foot sensor most of the time, there is a definite art to the process.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Navigators favorite car prank it to open the hatch as I’m connecting my trailer... good times.

otherwise, I can get the hatch to open with the foot sensor most of the time, there is a definite art to the process.

Hence why you are able to... @Artie :)

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is a result of the tow package...not sure if yours is so equipped or not.
yes i have the tow package.

the manual states that with the tow package, there should be TWO sensor locations, on either side of the hitch. only ever got my left side to work, which i'm fine with. I just have an issue when the manual tells me it should do something, or work in some way, and it turns out to be different. If the manual said left side only, than okay, works as designed.
Like the distance indicator feature, my issue wasn't that i needed the feature, but rather that it was indicated in my manual as a feature, but non-existent on my vehicle.

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes i have the tow package.

the manual states that with the tow package, there should be TWO sensor locations, on either side of the hitch. only ever got my left side to work, which i'm fine with. I just have an issue when the manual tells me it should do something, or work in some way, and it turns out to be different. If the manual said left side only, than okay, works as designed.
Like the distance indicator feature, my issue wasn't that i needed the feature, but rather that it was indicated in my manual as a feature, but non-existent on my vehicle.
I have the tow package and mine works on both sides (the center doesn't work). Not that it's reliable - I have about a 40% success rate after practicing for almost two years. I'd suspect a failed sensor on your vehicle if you can't get the right side working.

1alembic

Reaction score
My foot sensor works only when I am drying the Expy after a wash and I am drying under the bumper - then the tailgate whacks me in the forehead.........