Rear Toe Alignment issues post leveling kit install..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03ExFX4

Reaction score
Just installed the 3/2 leveling kit with some 295/70/18 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx tires. The tire shop said they could not align the rear due to the eccentrics being maxed out. They could not correct the rear toe and it currently sits like \ _ / in the rear due to everything being maxed out. They suggested I get a toe adjustment kit. Anyone had to purchase one of these?

Also, has anyone had issues like this after installing a 3/2 spacer lift leveling kit?

I'll try to upload some pics of the truck and the alignment assessment.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 100
OP
OP

03ExFX4

Reaction score
Here's a picture of the truck. Not the greatest, but I'll take some better ones later on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 114
OP
OP

03ExFX4

Reaction score
Here a a couple toe adjustment kits I have found. Although I'm not sure whether or not they will have greater adjustments than stock or if they will be the same as stock.

Raybestos 579-1022 Professional Grade Wheel Alignment Toe Adjuster https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001QVFIT0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_JdvQwbYHZCYYS

ACDelco 45G26022 Professional Rear Toe Adjusting Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NSN7U4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_54vQwbF9HH9EN

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When i did my lift, they had no problems aligning mine. Sorry i dont have anymore info that could help you.

OP
OP

03ExFX4

Reaction score
I didn't see an Eibach kit for the toe adjustment. Only came across camber alignment kits. Are you running 295/70/18's Tallsville?

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't understand how a strut spacer could affect toe in the first place, and even if it did then why couldn't it be adjusted? When I pulled my rear suspension apart there was more than an inch of space left on the rear "tie rods" that control toe before they would have run out of alignment. Should have been a ton of room for alignment and some left over...

OP
OP

03ExFX4

Reaction score
2004XLT,

That's what I was thinking. The toe adjustment kits don't look much different than stock. I'm thinking those are more replacement kits in the event the stock one breaks.

According to the guy that was performing the alignment, he stated he would adjust the rear toe but could not achieve any better than -0.51 degrees.

Here's a pic of the tie rod, both sides are about the same. How does that compare to yours 2004XLT?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 120

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks same as mine, I doubt you need to buy anything to get it aligned. If you have the tools I would get that tie rod end unscrewed a few threads, see for yourself that it's not too short and running out of alignment. I would adjust it so your toe is too far out, then if the tech says you don't have enough room to get it straight you can call bs.

I got an alignment a few days ago and the tech said he got everything in spec except he couldn't fix my negative camber on one of the rear wheels. Last alignment it was on the money and I know nothing is loose or worn, so there is no way it could have run out of alignment. I think it's because really no other half ton truck has independent rear end like the exp, the technicians treat it like its a tahoe with solid rear axle.

OP
OP

03ExFX4

Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered the kits. I'm assuming there will be no change and I can just return them.

All you need is a wrench to unscrew that tie rod end right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1