Rear wiper position

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adwmac6

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Limited Expy and noticed that the rear wiper blade hangs down, off the glass, onto the paint when not in use. When it is being used it stays on the glass, and even stops on the glass. But it never fails that I will notice it hanging down on the paint later in the day. I have removed the wiper arm and adjusted its position, but it still does the same thing. The arm is a VERY tight fit onto the wiper motor shaft, so its not worn loose.
Any thoughts on what it could be?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Limited Expy and noticed that the rear wiper blade hangs down, off the glass, onto the paint when not in use. When it is being used it stays on the glass, and even stops on the glass. But it never fails that I will notice it hanging down on the paint later in the day. I have removed the wiper arm and adjusted its position, but it still does the same thing. The arm is a VERY tight fit onto the wiper motor shaft, so its not worn loose.

There have been several posts on this forum regarding replacing the rotating mechanism (not the wiper arm or blade) for this problem. You may want to do a search.

Here is a long post regarding some rear wiper issues: https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/some-rear-wiper-options.37988/

OP
OP
A

adwmac6

Reaction score
There have been several posts on this forum regarding replacing the rotating mechanism (not the wiper arm or blade) for this problem. You may want to do a search.

Here is a long post regarding some rear wiper issues: https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/some-rear-wiper-options.37988/

I have read that entire thread, even have it bookmarked. It is great info on replacing the arm and blade. Personally ill probably do option 3. But i dont see anything there that mentions the issue im having, just options to make it easier to replace and find wiper blades.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have read that entire thread, even have it bookmarked. It is great info on replacing the arm and blade. Personally ill probably do option 3. But i dont see anything there that mentions the issue im having, just options to make it easier to replace and find wiper blades.

I recall reading several posts (that I wish I had bookmarked) with excellent instructions on how to replace the rotating mechanism which is part of the wiper assembly.

Have you done a search? Sometimes, it takes a some searching to find the correct post.

Maybe a forum member will chime-in with information or a link to those posts.

Good luck.

Flight-ER-Doc

Full Access Members
Reaction score

When I finally got around to replacing the rear wiper blade with one that takes a normal insert, I noticed that a) I had a hell of a time getting the old blade off - to the point that I was worried the pressure would cause the glass to shatter!

And b), the motor on the inside can be a little loose....which allow the blades to drop down.

OP
OP
A

adwmac6

Reaction score
I recall reading several posts (that I wish I had bookmarked) with excellent instructions on how to replace the rotating mechanism which is part of the wiper assembly.

Have you done a search? Sometimes, it takes a some searching to find the correct post.

Maybe a forum member will chime-in with information or a link to those posts.

Good luck.

Ill do some deeper digging.

OP
OP
A

adwmac6

Reaction score
When I finally got around to replacing the rear wiper blade with one that takes a normal insert, I noticed that a) I had a hell of a time getting the old blade off - to the point that I was worried the pressure would cause the glass to shatter!

And b), the motor on the inside can be a little loose....which allow the blades to drop down.

Yes, mine was on there really good. Definitely thought i was going to break the glass.