Recomendations on Code Scanner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quicker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guys,

Any advice on a good, cost effective scanner or software and wireless plug in module? I just want something to diagnose why lights are coming on. Dont want to spend the farm on a scanner but also need one that is going to provide some useful info.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

MrTommy

Reaction score
Guys,

Dont want to spend the farm on a scanner but also need one that is going to provide some useful info.

I probably don't have to tell ya to steer clear of Harbor Freight . . . I picked up one of their 'better' models (if there could ever be such a thing) and it wouldn't even pick up codes my Edge Evolution programmer picked up. When I took it back I was charged a 're-stocking' fee even though I told them it didn't work. This was the beginning of my rule to never buy anything from HF with a cord attached to it.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I personally would recommend the Bluedriver. Bluedriver is another Bluetooth obd2 scanner but not only will it connect to every module in the vehicle it will also allow you to see mode 6 data. Basically real time troubleshooting with freeze frame. Its a very helpful scanner and I love it. Cost is $100 and it will do 10x more than any scanner that's similarly priced
https://www.bluedriver.com

Last edited: