Reman Ford Long Block

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DesertFordRat

Reaction score
11' expy has been in the shop for a couple weeks. Dealer says I may end up getting a new long block from Ford. There was damage found to the camshaft on the right side. In any case, has anyone had this done? Does it came with new timing components and oil pump? Wondering what to expect in regards to a ford reman 5.4 3v engine.

OP
OP
DesertFordRat

DesertFordRat

Reaction score
Looks like C&K just sources the parts/engines. Who knows where this crap is coming from. Ford dealer said I would need to cough up 1200 bucks to get a ford reman. Screw all that.

OP
OP
DesertFordRat

DesertFordRat

Reaction score
Well the warranty company is paying for a reman engine, but the dealer said I can go with a Ford reman for 1200 out of pocket. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll just take whatever C&K auto parts sends me.

OP
OP
DesertFordRat

DesertFordRat

Reaction score
Ok so the dealer said the new engine came in. They had to swap the oil pan and timing cover? Does that make sense to anyone? They better not have given me an older engine. Was there differences in those parts from 2009 to 2014?

Transporter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a warranty replacement on an Explorer when the motor destroyed itself due to a bad/broken internal engine part. When the new engine came in and was installed it looked funny under the hood, all new clean and/or shiny main engine with my old road grime intake parts, starter, ac compressor, alternator, water pump and such reinstalled on the new motor.

The 'meaning' of re-manufactured motor varies widely as to what all that includes and doesn't include. Your cleaned off/out old cam cover and oil pan are not going to hurt anything especially if properly cleaned and new gaskets are used.

OP
OP
DesertFordRat

DesertFordRat

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Not to say the parts from my old engine would be harmful or wrong to use, but the fact that it had to be swapped makes me think the engine is different from the original it came with. For example being an older 5.4 motor with less horsepower and torque. I'm bitter over this whole process. I had the vehicle maybe 4 months before all this happened.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sometimes when you buy a remanufactured motor, you have to transfer parts from your old one. They do this to keep prices down and profits high on their end. Theirs nothing wrong with this as long as the engine is built with quality parts and the engine builder knows what he or she is doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk