Remote Start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bricekin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is a driveway job as long as you use the right parts and know someone that will program an ADS manufactured transponder bypass. Remote start should'nt take very long. All of the wires are easily accessible.

OP
OP
A

andrew_s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok cool. Only remote start I have done was on my jeep liberty and it was all driveway done and only took about an hour as the factory unti was plug and play with 1 splice job for the injector. I will look into a factory kit for my 2008 for a birthday wish.

bricekin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The factory ones for the Fords are not plug and play from what I've read in the manuals. I might be wrong on this though. I suggest just getting something aftermarket for less money, better reliability, and more usable range.

The Stinker

Reaction score
Yea he is tight there. You can get better range plus a better alarm for the same money in an aftermarket system. This did what I have been lookin at for several weeks now.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Andrew_s, if you go with the Ford one-button remote start then its a "driveway" job as there are only about 5 wires that need to be spliced in. The rest is plug-n-play. You do need the PATS unit, but it can be programmed by you.
Just make sure you order the remote start specifically for your 08 Expy.
Any specific questions just PM me.

P.S. The Ford ones are made by Code-Alarm.

Matt

OP
OP
A

andrew_s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Andrew_s, if you go with the Ford one-button remote start then its a "driveway" job as there are only about 5 wires that need to be spliced in. The rest is plug-n-play. You do need the PATS unit, but it can be programmed by you.
Just make sure you order the remote start specifically for your 08 Expy.
Any specific questions just PM me.

P.S. The Ford ones are made by Code-Alarm.

Matt

Thanks! Ill be looking into this for my birthday.

jimb726

Reaction score
Not sure what kind of range issues people are talking about, I had the Ford 6 button installed on my 07 Navigator and my range is easily 500 feet and the third story of my office. As far as reliability, I havent had a lick of trouble in the time I have had it. in addition we were able to program the power tailgate, headlights and the power rear window using the buttons on the controller.