reputable wheel source

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

compedge

Reaction score
Just lowered my "X" and having a wicked time finding a good source for 5x135 wheels. Looking 18" or 20" in chrome and a basic five or six spoke set up...this shouldn't be so weird.
Maybe a start up company idea supplying parts for 1st gen Expeditions!?

Thanks for any real help sent!~

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
tire rack? discount tire? 6k-watts might be able to steer you the right way

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
It just takes some leg work (ok finger work, on the computer) to find wheels.
It's not a popular bolt pattern but it's certainly not impossible to find wheels.

A small start up company isn't the answer. Think about it, a small company with limited resources is going to have to make a wheel that fits as many vehicles as possible. Not something with such limited appeal as an Gen 1 Expy wheel.

A quick search shows that Tire Rack has 42 different wheels that will fit.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/resu...del=Expedition+4wd&autoYear=1998&autoModClar=

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought my 26s from eBay...buy from a company...ive also bought from wheeldiscountwarehouse.com...superbuytires.com is very reputable as they team with Truckin magazine and puts out a wheel only issue every year...I also like victoriatire.com...I would suggest looking at eBay...SERIOUSLY...209 customs is a good dealer...rims4less is who I bought my rims from and they came mounted and balanced...also...check with ur local shops for rolling rims...those are rims someone backed out of buying...just google rims...chrome rims...and all these sites will pop up...

If u dont know what u want...superbuytires.com has every wheel in production to date....then google that rim

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im actually thinking of starting a wheel shop...

framda

Reaction score
I have more than gotten my moneys worth from OEM wheels in Sarasota FL. They were close so I saved on shipping but got a great deal on Mustang wheels and tires.

RalphHaus

Reaction score
Old wheels???

Ummm! What are you going to be doing with the old wheels? My 2001 EB has one wheel with a slightly bent rim and can't be balanced correctly, so I'm looking for a replacement. It would also be great to have a spare that has an actual wheel that matches the vehicle in that off chance that there is a tire problem. You may live to far away to justify shipping, I'm in central Texas. But in case you have a reasonable price (and the wheels match mine) then shipping may be justified?

OP
OP
C

compedge

Reaction score
been away from access a few days but thanks for all the responses!
*My old wheels aren't stock and are trashed that is why I'm searching better options.
*6k-Watts; thanks for your input as well. Been searching several options, dubsandtires out of Fl. seems to be in the game. If you open a shop I wish you the best, keep us posted. I always prefer to support those in familiar groups.
There used to be several active shops in the Langley area but that was back in the day!~

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have shops here but its robbery...how can I get a better deal on the internet than in person at a shop...