Ride is awful

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yours looks like a limited, did you get the ccd option? The base springs are already somewhat stiff, so that and the 22s aren't the best combo. Also, you never acknowledged if you lowered your tire pressure. It's hard to test drive these in every road but the only way to make it softer is smaller wheels and tires or thicker tires.

Moeman

Reaction score
I agree that the ride is horrible. My problems are impact harshness, and the big one - inability to dampen resonance. You can be riding on a surface that looks completely smooth but the slightest imperfections cause the body/frame to resonate and it takes a second or so to go away. And it's not simply that it's a body on frame vehicle. My F150 rides better hands down. Ours is a 2022 XLT with 20" wheels. We replaced wheels with 20" aftermarket, although 5 higher on the profile. That didn't make any difference nor did we expect it. Minimal improvement results from lowering psi so I keep it where it's supposed to be for mileage. It really can't get much worse so I've been thinking about making an experiment out it - Dynamat every inch of sheet metal I can get to, fill the frame rails with some sort of expandable foam, hanging a properly tuned weight off the thing like F150 used to do.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tbh, I don't think the ride is bad, but I haven't driven the my22+ trucks long term. As far as my 18 expy and 20 nav, they both ride good, some days amazing, some days like trash. It's still comfortable, but being the second oldest truck on the market, you can feel how outdated the platform is. I agree the platform, the constant shaking, vibrating, resonance, and impacts on sharp edged pavement needs to be addressed. However, when my nav decided to ride really good, it's easily up there as one of the best riding fs suvs available and it's a 2020.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2WD or 4X4? I noticed a huge difference between them when we bought the 2021.