Rubber Blocks?!?! -- 2016 Rear shock/Strut Coil Assembly -

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
2016 2wd Limited EL w/ tow
Got up under the Expy last night to confirm I ordered correct strut/coil assemblies. The rear the assy. very clearly does not have the electrical running out of the bottom for the load level/air or whatever fancy set up is. They do however look to have rubber blocks between the spring/coils ( I will shoot some pictures this evening).
I received my two rear assy. today from Rock Auto (MON171139) and they don't have the blocks. The assy. on the Expy are FoMoCo so is the block. SO I don't know if that's something I need to remove and put on new ones or what.

Anyone have any insight into this quandary> ????

Last edited:

Speedboosted

Reaction score
It sounds like a sumo spring a previous owner inserted to help with sag while loaded up (usually towing). If you don’t want them, many people here would take them, including myself.

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
Thank you for the response. and Appologies for my late reply. After some deeper research I came across the Sumo Springs. I'm 99% certain that is what they are.
My new springs/strut assemblies arrived about a week ago, but I cant seem to convince myself to get out in this Texas heat and do the install.

While digging into the Sumo Spring info, seems several folks mentioned their ease of install, so I may get the new springs in place and drive for a bit and then put the Sumos back on to see any affect to the ride quality. We dont tow, so I dont see any major advantage to having them. We will see. I will try to update as soon as I get the install done.