running board pull?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's why I opted for the power running boards. They are there when you want them and you can just shut them off when you dont. My wife and kids are short so they need them. Plus when deployed they are lower to the ground and out to the sides more than the fixed running boards, feels more like a natural step progression. They also give the rocker area a nice finished look.

Matt

DR3W

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Before and after. Im 5' 10' and i took them off, like the look w/o. Its a lil step with lift but good. aha

EXPY 2.jpg

downsized_1010011529.jpg

EricH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree-on the off road or lifted Expeditions, they look better without.
But on the EX's like mine that are more of a road cruiser...I still like the lower sill appearance the boards give.

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes several of my taller friends always hit there legs.... looks pretty good without them too!

Last edited:

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i was considering removing mine but with out them the truck looks like its missing something

ShawnT2142

Reaction score
If you Have it Lowered, Pull them. If you have it Lifted, Pull em. If you have Kiddies and a Wife, Keep them

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

luther

Reaction score
Sounds like this is mostly a prob for taller folks,
Besides if those duke boys can get into the general through the window i can jump in the expy w/o a step
And while were on the subject, where is the "simon & simon" and "magnum pi" remakes?
Now that was quality tv! ;)

A3Middie

Reaction score
I'm 6'3'', I know what you're talking about. Mine is a 2nd gen and i took them off. Sorry no pictures though.

Fat Jack

Reaction score
I took my running boards off the first week I bought it. I would do it if I bought another as well! here is a pic!

6474737837_f9ea244236_z.jpg
IMG_3127 by joe30bmw, on Flickr

Mine didn't last a week! JMO but they look goofy, and they hit the back of my leg as well. Being that iffin i'm not in the amalance (yes amalance i' from arkislaw) i'm in scrubs either way i couldn't have the running boards messin up whatever uniform in. it also gives a cleaner higher look to the truck.

Maverick1701

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am 6ft 5 and have the same issue...but I'm not sure if I want to pull them off.
I haul kayaks on the roof and its handy to use the running boards as a step for those extra few inches of height to move stuff around on the roof.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett