RV Cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Konasan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm just curious if there's an outfit selling RV cams for 5.4 2V motors. I planning to install one when the time comes I have to rebuild my motor.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Lunati, Comp, trick flow and Ford Racing all make cams for the 5.4.

By the way, there are 2 cams, one on each bank. That's why the prices seem so high.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I used comp cams 102500 with my expy build but it would be considered aggressive for a near stock expy. I have used lunati cams in the past with my mustang and loved it.

By rv cam I assume you looking for extra low end torque. The 102100 is probably what your looking for and should work well with the stock components but honestly not sure the cost vs benefit is worth it. I feel the stock cams have pretty good off idle torque as is and well matched to the torque converter. I would put my money elsewhere, maybe head work first.

http://www.compperformancegroupstor...=CTGY&Store_Code=CC&Category_Code=MODFCAM2VXE

Last edited:
OP
OP
Konasan

Konasan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used comp cams 102500 with my expy build but it would be considered aggressive for a near stock expy. I have used lunati cams in the past with my mustang and loved it.

By rv cam I assume you looking for extra low end torque. The 102100 is probably what your looking for and should work well with the stock components but honestly not sure the cost vs benefit is worth it. I feel the stock cams have pretty good off idle torque as is and well matched to the torque converter. I would put my money elsewhere, maybe head work first.

COMP Cams: Xtreme Energy™

Oh really! I should do more research then. Thanks!