Scammed or Clueless? 2009 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Severe overheating of an engine is what causes a head gasket, or crack in a cylinder wall. Low on oil, or coolant are the usual suspects. A stuck closed thermostat, or blocked radiator passages can also be suspect. but in your case, severe lack of maintenance surely didn't help. Even the toughest engines will shut down without proper cooling/ oiling. I would push for a quality reman engine, don't mess around with used, you have no idea what kind of shape the used one is in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

briangelc

Reaction score
T answer your title question: SCAMMED
this is so hard to watch

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like you really want this Expy.

the topic of this post was " Scammed or Clueless"

The more I read I can only say BOTH

I fear that you are a long way from solving your problem in this matter.

Hopefully you have everything in writing between you and the dealer otherwise its going to come down to he said you said.

EL Expedition

Reaction score
If the dealer wanted to uphold any kind of reputation, he should have immediately offered to have the car towed back to him on his dime. He should have sent a tow truck to pick it up. Having someone else work on it is going to give the dealer leverage on the severity of the problems and blame your mechanic. Get it back to the dealer.

OP
OP
R

rcanfiel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the dealer wanted to uphold any kind of reputation, he should have immediately offered to have the car towed back to him on his dime. He should have sent a tow truck to pick it up. Having someone else work on it is going to give the dealer leverage on the severity of the problems and blame your mechanic. Get it back to the dealer.

No work has been done of the vehicle.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dealerships that offer warranties on used vehicles, usually have an outside shop do the warranty work. That was the case on my 85 Mustang I bought from a Ford dealership. I think the biggest reason is the warranty company doesn't want to pay the $180.00 per hour that the dealer charges. I think having a second party do the work, also gets the dealer off the hook if something goes wrong.

EL Expedition

Reaction score
If the vehicle hasn't been touched then call the dealer and tell him you want a refund and ask him when he is going to send the tow truck.

OP
OP
R

rcanfiel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like you really want this Expy.

the topic of this post was " Scammed or Clueless"

The more I read I can only say BOTH

I fear that you are a long way from solving your problem in this matter.

Hopefully you have everything in writing between you and the dealer otherwise its going to come down to he said you said.

Clueless refers to the dealer, not myself. I am pretty convinced they were sold a bad vehicle. I also am convinced their in house mechanic is not so good, based on several observations. The seller is back in tomorrow AM, and since the warranty will not cover preexisting problems, which is very reasonable, it is their problem.

I do not feel I did anything wrong buying the vehicle. I did serious research and vetting in several dimensions. I am following logical steps to remedy the situation.

I am totally convinced I would win in court, just based on their advertising. Every car ad starts in bold letters that all their vehicles have a 3-12 month warranty from them.

That is the difference between As-Is and an expectation of them fixing a problem vehicle in court.

OP
OP
R

rcanfiel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dealerships that offer warranties on used vehicles, usually have an outside shop do the warranty work. That was the case on my 85 Mustang I bought from a Ford dealership. I think the biggest reason is the warranty company doesn't want to pay the $180.00 per hour that the dealer charges. I think having a second party do the work, also gets the dealer off the hook if something goes wrong.

Based on the warranty company's response - denied because of pre-existing conditions - the seller will get no relief. Do not know what they were thinking. YOu cannot pawn off a problem vehicle onto a warranty coverage.

Also, the warranty company is limited to $65 an hour. Probably many warranty companies do the same...

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Be sure to take pictures of the warranty claim and have it printed at Walgreens or camera shop that can pull pics from your phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.