Seat heaters/ coolers shorting out??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My passenger seat works fine but yesterday I noticed that the heater button will light up for a minute or two and then turn off. When I attempt to turn it back on, the light quickly blinks on then off for both the heat and cool. Anyone else experience this? I really don't wanna rip my seat apart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 07' EB has failed like this twice. I'm waiting to get it fixed again, but right now I don't want to pay the $100 deductible just for that.

David1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
any updates ? My 2010 just did the exact same problem. Restart truck light goes on for a time then out and only blinks, both heat and cool

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
any updates ? My 2010 just did the exact same problem. Restart truck light goes on for a time then out and only blinks, both heat and cool

I can't recall what year they corrected the ground issue in (was either '10 or '11), but this is worth checking:
Even after that though these seats tend to short out at the relay and/or the relay short fries the control module. Bottom line: check all the wiring and relays before moving on to the more expensive stuff.

David1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Funny, I found that video after posting. I checked and my plug is fine.