shocks needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tiggfall

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Eddie Bauer 5.4L with the air ride system (no going to take out) and I am wondering, in your opinion would be the best shocks I should go with in the rear. I tow a trailer so I would like a shock that is better than OEM.
Thanks for your help.

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i run monroes in the rear and i get a smooth ride. I dont think the shocks really make too much of a difference for on road comfort. Monroes come with a life time warranty and its $100 for both rear shocks. As for the rear coils, I used to tow a 5500k camper with the stock coils and they preformed just fine. As long as the stiffness is around the oem you should be good.

Sir William

Reaction score
Shocks make a HUGE difference for on-road comfort. If they didn't, everybody would run dirt cheap no name units. Consistently, across just about every vehicle type, Bilsteins get the highest ratings and most recommendations of any other type. It's because they're worth it.

I've run Bilsteins on my car and my old F250 PSD and it was a noticeable upgrade on both. The Expy will be getting them soon too as I think what's on there are the original units with 165k on them!

OP
OP
T

tiggfall

Reaction score
Well that is nice to hear because I ordered Bilstein's last week, should be coming by FedEx on Wednesday.
Thanks for you input.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put Bilsteins in front and they made a big difference. I'll do the rears before summer when we start towing again.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk