Skid Plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What have people done for a front skid plate. Any companies make one for us? or is it make your own >?>>Any pics?

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
The one that I have is from Rancho. It apparently is specifically made to fit their lift kit, but I think that it would be very easy for someone to fab up a couple of small brackets for the lower attachment. That way it could be used on any Gen 1 truck.

mmrseed

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I saw a fabtech one once....we're talking front skid plate and not ones for the rocker panels right?

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made my own.... drilled into the lower valance after I removed the bottom trim of it the used the stock holes for the bottom...

100_1432.jpg

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
only the top one has 4 bolts on the lower valance... the bottom bolts to the cross member... and its hit coyotes at 60 mph.... not aiming for them...lol.. and it holds up great..

treycool94

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i dont think i would trust mine for that and you just drilled into the crossmember

babysilk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Made mine by myself, didn't make any new holes.... just used a clip from my running boards with two holes already in the crossmember to bolt down low and two holes for the lower valance to thru bolt up top

Attachments

• skidplate.jpg
    skidplate.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,275