Slim pickins for Labor Day :-(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

X expat

Reaction score
FINALLY getting set to pull the trigger and retire the faithful old Armada. But having settled on a Limited with 304A Stealth package, the only 5-6 I can find in all of Arizona are Max. I don't want the Max in the garage, or its extra 200lbs when towing.
I guess that's not a question, just a bummed comment.
We'll go take a look at a Max anyway, but may have to wait for 2024. Haven't priced those. 2023s are anywhere from $85K to $90K. The 440/510 hp/tq 304A add $10K to otherwise mid-70s price.

CorvetteGuy88

Reaction score
Yeah I tow with the Max... 200 lbs should be a rounding error in your tow calculation. I would personally appreciate the shorter wheelbase of the standard truck for maneuvering, but honestly I find the Max very easy to back up with a trailer attached. And you'll never regret the larger tank or the extra cargo room, especially when you need the truck to swallow 4x8 sheets or long lumber

BrianA

Reaction score
I don't really see the con here? Your going to get a bigger trunk without always having to have the 3rd row down.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think your looking at this backwards. If you think a non max is better, just wait until you have to stop every hour and a half for fuel with its tiny fuel tank. The longer wheelbase of the max will be far superior in towing. If the max physically doesn't fit your garage, I get it, but otherwise I'd say no way.

ryanpe

Reaction score
I bought a '21 Limited non max and have used it to tow my Lance 1985 for 20K+ miles. It tows great but I too wish I bought the Max mainly for the extra interior space. If it fits in your garage space, go Max.

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
 There's no question in my mind, the longer the wheelbase, the less sway issues at highway speeds. But not fitting into the garage may be your dealbreaker.

On a slightly different topic, you posted, "The 440/510 hp/tq 304A add $10K to otherwise mid-70s price."

I have the '22 Stealth 304A and I STILL can't figure out the horsepower! Could someone please explain the specs on a 304A?

thanks

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 304a is the high output ecoboost. It's roughly 40 hp more and similar in tq vs the non HO ecoboost. Exact numbers I can't recall but gives you the idea. This is rated on 91 octane from what I remember.

Believe main difference is ever so slightly different turbos, minor internals and tune.

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Max is the superior option for towing. The longer wheelbase is better for stability, and you'll appreciate having a larger fuel tank.

The Max has the same wheelbase, it just has a longer body, about 9" longer entirely in the back.. <= WRONG, I misremembered what I'd read a few weeks earlier

Last edited:

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 304a is the high output ecoboost. It's roughly 40 hp more and similar in tq vs the non HO ecoboost. Exact numbers I can't recall but gives you the idea. This is rated on 91 octane from what I remember.

Believe main difference is ever so slightly different turbos, minor internals and tune.

I bet its just software based tuning. tweak the max boost up a bit, advance the ignition a bit, both those changes require premium fuel, and boom, 10% more horses is easy....