Somebody broken in and tried to steal my '98 Expedition, Now won't start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seven11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FIXED!

Someone tried to steal my 1998 Ford Expedition. They messed up the ignition, but I was able to stick my key in there and crank it. It cranks but no start and the THEFT light is flashing. One time it actually started and died right away.

anti theft transceiver looks busted a bit.

What do I do?

RdxiHXF.jpg

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the transceiver is busted just replace that and keep your original key If you replace the transceiver and the cylinder then you will have to have the pats system reprogramed

OP
OP
S

Seven11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will take pics tomorrow. But i did tak a video! I just started the truck and I was a little bit excited and I sound like a peep squeek. I couldn't think straight and call

I got the truck started!!! But they did mess up my panels around the steering wheel column.

There were 3 prongs on a flex cable and the transceiver board had a plug with 3 "inlets". I wasn't able to plug them in, but i made sure the 3 prongs made contact. The theft warning went away, it started. i held the prongs for like 30 seconds to make sure the key was authenticated and then let go. It was still on when i let go. I now need to jam those 3 little prongs into the plug.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Seven11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this had to be some retard wanting to take it for a joyride.

by destroying the transceiver, the truck will no longer start.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
And now you need to instal an alarm cause that person that wanted it will be back for round 2

OP
OP
S

Seven11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And now you need to instal an alarm cause that person that wanted it will be back for round 2

that's what i am scared of. but i don't want to spend any money on it. it's my 3rd car.

i have full insurance coverage but it's still very annoying!

Good thing you started the truck!

thanks, i was ecstatic when that happened!

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man, that ignition cylinder is really busted! You need to physically secure the doors especially if you live in a high crime neighborhood. Search youtube vids on how to do this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris7990