03 5.4 won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris032188

Reaction score
My 2003 5.3 won't start (from the key). The starter is about 3 months old, and it will run if I bypass the starter relay. I had these same issue in the past which is why I replaced the starter (turns out it wasn't it) but the truck eventually started working again after I cleaned terminals on the battery. Now it's doing it again and I tried ccleaning the connections again and that fixed nothing. Im getting a click at fuse box but it isn't starter relay (its one next to it I believe the accessory relay). I replaced the starter relay with a new relay and that did not do anything. I jumped 87 to 30 on the starter relay it'll fire right up. I'm guessing neutral safety or ignition switch ... Any one knows how to further diagnostic these? I should add the instrument cluster does have power. Also car does not start in park or neutral.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire