Sony system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

armadilla

Reaction score
Nice write up. Very informative. I too bought a 2015 Limited w/Sony. Not impressed at all. Will be doing this real soon. Thanks!!

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK here is my 2016 question.i am audio challenged, as in deaf as a stump in 400hrtz frequencies, my hearing aid brings them back to normal.
if i am on sirius or using my usb drive loaded music, the sound is fantastic, treble and bass are perfect, bass set at mid levels.
but then if i use FM stations, primarily the country station in my area, the bass is set so high or boosted by them, that i have to turn my bass setting to almost zero to stop the thump thump getto sound
why do stations boost the bass so much?

armadilla

Reaction score
Sirius sound quality is horrible in mine. Seems like fm stations sound the best. Definitely has more bass. Not a thump thump ghetto sound. Just sounds more full. Have you tried changing the sound control from stereo to surround under settings? That's how mines set. Helps get rid of the drowned out sound. That's been my biggest complaint. The stereo sucks.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thump thump ghetto sound? really? I see more non-urban not ghetto ppl in the car audio scene than urban ppl thump thumping the music...for example...look who own these companies making the amps and subs to thump the music...

armadilla

Reaction score
Was just requoting powerboatr's previous statement. Meant no offense to anyone. I've always had trunk shaking, mirror rattling bass. Probably why I think my current jam sucks, and the reason im half deaf.

dev199505

Reaction score
Do a custom system i can hook you up dealer for re, stinger, and SHOK

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

MT_Expedition

Reaction score
When you changed out all of the speakers did you use the OEM sony deck? IF not, what did you replace it with?