spark plug part number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano

Reaction score
On my 2005 5.4 Expedition, what the heck is the Motorcraft part number on them goofy things? I've been to three different sites and they all come up something different. The picture they show for it is not even close to what is in it. anybody have any links to websites that have good prices on Motorcraft parts, especially coils and plugs?
Thanks,
dano

uschaz

Reaction score
I second your question

on my 2001 the owners manual says awsf-22w as does my shop manual. Best I could figure out that was changed to the agsf-22w which was the same as a sp-479 unless you are on the ford web site which tells you that it has been superceeded by the 12405 which equals the sp-405.. ok my head is still spinning around in circles. I even went to other forums and still got more numbers yet.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems to be the SP507 for single platinum, SP515 for double platinum.

It seems weird that some places say those are fine, while others still list the older SP462 as the only ones fitting.

These are all Motorcraft plugs. I'd try to get them from someplace that does list them as fitting your truck, just in case something doesn't go right, you can at least say that they said those would work fine.

How many miles do you have on the Expy? If it's the 3V motor (which I'm almost positive it is) you'll need to read the TBS on spark plug removal, so the plugs don't sperate on you when removing them. It also outline the procedure for installation, so as to minimize the problem in the future. Might also want to get the Lisle tool, just in case they do separate. If you're anywhere near 100k miles, you'll probably have issues.

anjy834u

Reaction score
well checking with different dealers can get confusing at times, so it is better to stick with the normal company's suggestions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wolf_Lazarus