Speakers in the 3rd row/ cargo area?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Petrini

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hav a 97 EB and was considering adding a 3rd pair of 5x7's in the rear cargo panels for some sound in the 3rd row seating area. Before I start tearing them out to look, does anybody know if there is enough space behind the cargo panels to drop a pair of speakers in back there?
Thanks in advance

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know someone did tweeters in the 3rd row on an 03-06 style one.

Not as familiar with the older style Expys, but one of the trim panels should have the rear AC (should you have the option) while the other has the sub and amp (should you have it)?

Do you want to mount them vertically on the sides of the trim or horizontally, on the top of the trim.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know someone did tweeters in the 3rd row on an 03-06 style one.

Not as familiar with the older style Expys, but one of the trim panels should have the rear AC (should you have the option) while the other has the sub and amp (should you have it)?

Do you want to mount them vertically on the sides of the trim or horizontally, on the top of the trim.

can you get pics? i'm wanting to add components in the 3rd row so they arent totally bass'd out...

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i was going to do this with some old 5 1/2s i had laying around. but now i cant find them. haha i think i donated them a while ago. o well.

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hav a 97 EB and was considering adding a 3rd pair of 5x7's in the rear cargo panels for some sound in the 3rd row seating area. Before I start tearing them out to look, does anybody know if there is enough space behind the cargo panels to drop a pair of speakers in back there?
Thanks in advance

Yes, Plenty of room.