Stacked lift spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buttz

Reaction score
Has anyone every stacked lift spacers? Looking for more lift but no one makes more then a 3"...

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone every stacked lift spacers? Looking for more lift but no one makes more then a 3"...
I haven't but, the one thing to consider is if you lift it too high it may hit the stops when going over bumps. You have to make sure you have enough throw and you aren't over stretching brake hoses or anything else. I realize that you can put it on a lift and it doesn't hurt anything but it might be different when it driving around that way. Just things to consider, better to be safe.

Rigpig

Reaction score
Stacking isn't a good idea. 3" is about the max spacer you can use, and even at that things like ball joints and cv joints are starting to bind. If I were wanting a serious lift for off-roading there's the option of fabricating one yourself out of a front F-150 kit and custom rear. To get the joints out of a bind, you need to drop the differentials and get taller spindles.

Last edited:

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Please do not stack lift spacers. I am assuming you want to use multiple lift blocks under the springs above the axle. There is a reason manufacturers don't make larger than 3" for your application, as previously mentioned the suspension won't work properly and cause even more issues. Second, think about torque and applied pressure. As the driveshaft spins, it applies pressure UPWARD on the pinion of the rear diff (this is why old Mopars had a 'pinion snubber' to apply that movement and pressure against the body as leverage to keep the tires planted). Now, that twisting of the rear diff is transferred and dissipated by the springs. That energy is transferred to the spring by the spring perch and the contact between the two is supported by the u-bolts. Once you add a single lift block, you just multiplied the loading on the spring perch/u-bolts by creating leverage (as well as misaligned driveline angle as most blocks are not angle cut). If you stack 2 blocks, you are now applying significantly more leverage AND created a weak point; where the 2 blocks meet. Yes, the u-bolts maintain an applied pressure, but they do not actually transfer energy. All they do is maintain pressure of the mating surfaces which are what actually transfer the energy. In essence, the 2 blocks can "fold" under pressure (typically in an off-camber situation, when accelerating or when decelerating) and cause catastrophic failure. Wheel hop under acceleration is a surefire way to snap a u-bolt and shoot a lift block out. Same thing with braking. Ask me how I know.

Do people do it? Absolutely! Are they phucking morons who are putting others in danger by purposely sabotaging their own vehicle? Yup.

Same thing goes for stacked body lifts. Its absolute stupidity and dangerous.