Stall or hesitation when stopping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JEDIDADDYCHRIS

JEDIDADDYCHRIS

Reaction score
While waiting for the PCV elbow to get here, I removed the negative battery cable, cleaned the mass air flow sensor (MAF) with contact cleaner, and let the computer recalibrate...MAGIC!

Only thing is, it's fixed only 90% of the "close stalls". It's still happenning once or twice daily, as I come to a stop.

It has to be faulty...right?

OP
OP
JEDIDADDYCHRIS

JEDIDADDYCHRIS

Reaction score
SUMBITCH! The part sent (F85Z6C324AA) was NOT like the picture! Hit this link to see item on eBay:

F85Z6C324CA Ford Connector | eBay

They sent one for later year models, which has the additional cold air intake tube. NOW I see that they have both parts with the SAME part number.

Aint nobody got time fo dat!!!

I just found this elbow on eBay, which is what I actually have:

Emission Hose PCV Elbow Fits 99 00 Ford Expedition F Series Trucks | eBay

Getting an RMA from Ford now. Last time I trust them. Results to come!

OP
OP
JEDIDADDYCHRIS

JEDIDADDYCHRIS

Reaction score
The stalls have returned, so I'm replacing the MAF sensor. New in box on eBay was $59.85. Went ahead with a Gotts Mod while I had the air box apart. NOW let's see................

OP
OP
JEDIDADDYCHRIS

JEDIDADDYCHRIS

Reaction score
Twenty-four hours in, it seems to have solved it for the most part. IAC will be next if it doesnt really smooth out like I want.

OP
OP
JEDIDADDYCHRIS

JEDIDADDYCHRIS

Reaction score
It's two months later now, and since the tach still wants to dip and stall when slowing I got a new IAC from AutoZone. About to install it now...

OP
OP
JEDIDADDYCHRIS

JEDIDADDYCHRIS

Reaction score
Not too difficult, and the old one metered 0 ohms. The Chilton said it should read between 6 to 13. Cashed.

Preliminary drives around the neighborhood are steady. We'll see!

OP
OP
JEDIDADDYCHRIS

JEDIDADDYCHRIS

Reaction score
Steady a week later. Better response, too. Looks like this was the ticket. Now on to a new audio/video system!!!! Ar ar ar......

Sent from my Radar 4G using Tapatalk