Starting the weekend off right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the Expedition stuck out in Amish country in a ditch going to a friends cabin. Went to pull off the road in what seemed to be a shoulder to enter an address into maps but it was actually a sharp ditch packed with snow. Truck went at a 45 and got stuck. Put it right into 4x4 Low and it moved a bit then sank even further. No internet service so had to call my poor dad and he came out and pulled me in the F-250. Didn’t even think she was gonna pull out because he pulled me for what seemed like a mile in that ditch until the truck finally got out. Keep in mind I was in 4x4 and so was he. That ditch did not want to let go. In the end the Expedition is out unharmed, but I sat there in the middle of nowhere....I mean nowhere with no bars in the heat for a long time. Thank god I got a bar to call someone after walking up the road.

Jamo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad you got out with no damage. I was thinking of a different kind of bar lacking that was so upsetting to you...

Plati

Reaction score
$50 says you need an alignment now, all 4 wheels

always a good idea to be prepared with winter boots gloves hat & clothes when going for a drive in winter weather. could save your life

Last edited:
OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The scary part was due to the sharp angle the tank went from over half to empty. The sender must be on that side.....if the pickup is in the same spot it would have been running dry shortly after and sucking air methinks. All of a sudden it said 15 miles to E. Once the truck was upright again it went back up to half tank.

Thunderbirdsport

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was gonna say....no bars in Amish country lol

Coulda been worse, could've ended up on the side or even inverted. Had it happen to me in a Jeep. Have scars from that..

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish Ford protected these plastic gas tanks a bit better.....

Last edited:

Kevin08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hopefully running at that angle didn’t starve anything of oil. But better to risk the truck than freeze.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could have been a close call if there were any Sharp rocks....gas tank has a few good scratches on it.