Steering column clicking sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jered22

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So lately I have noticed that when I get into my truck in the morning I will grab my steering wheel and it makes a clicking sound as I pull down on it. I can feel it slide down a very little bit as it makes the clicking sound but never goes below one "click" any ideas?

2011 Expedition EL

standardmoose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have had the same problem for a while not, but when i turn the wheel, it doesn't always make the noise but you can sort of feel it (very lightly) and definately hear it.
i had ford take a look when it was last in for a service and they checked everything out but couldnt find any problems.
other people have told me it may be the indicator cancel part catching, but i have been driving with it like that for a few months and touch wood, its been fine

FordCustSrvc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So lately I have noticed that when I get into my truck in the morning I will grab my steering wheel and it makes a clicking sound as I pull down on it...

Hi jered22,

Swing by your dealership so they can take a look; they'll be happy to perform an inspection and recommend next steps. Let me know when you hear back from them; if you need my assistance, just shoot a message my way.

Crystal

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69