steering stabalizer shock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wpatters1229

Reaction score
I have a 2000 4wd expedition that I converted from air shocks to shocks using the monroe 90010 conversion kit. Now the front end feels too bouncy and sometimes out of control. I wish the front coil over shocks where stiffer.
Now in looking for a better front coil over shock I came across a steering stabilizer shock. Not sure how this would work and how it is installed. Does it help with my problem or is just for a worn out steering linkage?

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When were the front shocks last replaced? I would bet if you replaced your front shocks, even with OEM or equivalent, that you'd find the ride quality improved drastically, unless you've done them recently.

highlandre

Reaction score
Sounds line the front shocks are nearing end of life.

The steering stabilizer does exactly that, keep the wheels front steering linkage tight. I put one on my 98 to try and tighten up the steering so the girlfriend would drive it. She still won't.

Honestly I didn't notice a huge difference but it did help a bit.

Texpedition45

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the kit from Rancho. It helps with steering, but what you're describing is typical going from the air shocks to the kit. The suspension is just going to be softer.