strange ellectrical problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

-PJ-

Reaction score
I have bought my ex some time ago, did the paintjob becouse it needed it etc. The car had a problem with airbags - the light was on the dash but the bags were on their place. Also I was having some occassional problems with transfer case switch. SOmetimes the transfer case was working properly, sometimes the light on the dash was blinking but it was working and sometimes it was stock in the position with no chance to change it. After disconnection the battery for a night the 4x4 was working. Sometimes 2 days sometimes an hour. I got the car to electrican and he said that the whole electrical instalation has been changed and it's not from this car. Is that possible that if someone has changed it the problems I wrote above may occur? In my not electrical point of view if it's even an installation from an older ex the transfer case should work. ???

jsulen

Reaction score
I have bought my ex some time ago, did the paintjob becouse it needed it etc. The car had a problem with airbags - the light was on the dash but the bags were on their place. Also I was having some occassional problems with transfer case switch. SOmetimes the transfer case was working properly, sometimes the light on the dash was blinking but it was working and sometimes it was stock in the position with no chance to change it. After disconnection the battery for a night the 4x4 was working. Sometimes 2 days sometimes an hour. I got the car to electrican and he said that the whole electrical instalation has been changed and it's not from this car. Is that possible that if someone has changed it the problems I wrote above may occur? In my not electrical point of view if it's even an installation from an older ex the transfer case should work. ???

I suggest you to better go look for a professional mechanic to help you with your wiring problem.