Struggling with my Decision!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol that escalated quickly hahahaha.
Honestly though, as a car owner you spend all the time inside the vehicle so the interior is a big part of the purchase, if you aren’t totally happy inside the car why buy.
I’m pretty sure you got it, but want to be clear, I was kidding!! It’s hard to signify sarcasm on a computer.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure you got it, but want to be clear, I was kidding!! It’s hard to signify sarcasm on a computer.
Oh I totally get it lol I have no problem laughing at myself, especially when pointed out by someone else.

Mark D

Reaction score
You guys and your first world problems...I don't expect our bank account to be ready to spend anywhere close to $80K on any vehicle in my lifetime. Let me know when you are ready to unload your 5-8 year old Expedition or Navigator. I might be interested in buying one of them.

OP
OP
Garrett

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not that I would ever consider it, but I just saw a local ad showing brand new Escalades for damn near the same price as the expedition. Looks like they are 2k more after seeing about a dozen on a local search.

Think someone is a bit defensive of the recent Ford release???!?!?

Scottorama

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not that I would ever consider it, but I just saw a local ad showing brand new Escalades for damn near the same price as the expedition. Looks like they are 2k more after seeing about a dozen on a local search.

Think someone is a bit defensive of the recent Ford release???!?!?

I would say its the fact that Ford has really jacked up their prices with the '18's, to the point they are no longer affordable to the average buyer. It's interesting to see Ford dealers already offering the new Expeditions $5000 off with dealer discounts and rebates.....in central Iowa the new Expeditions are not selling that quickly. ....

upload_2018-2-16_12-28-17.png

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can buy a brand new XL for under $50K without trying.

Its not equal to the F150 XL model either. On an Expedition XL you get power windows, locks, tilt, cruise, cloth seats, full carpeting, remote entry, back-up camera, push button start, alloy wheels, MP3 player, tow package, front and rear air, running boards, power mirrors - the list goes on. Its a nice truck nobody would be embarrassed to drive.

Where I live, the Platinums and Limiteds sold first and went quickly - the XLTs and XLs are largely sitting on the lots.

If $50K is still out of your budget and you must own something brand spankin new, you shouldn't be looking at an Expedition.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went with the fully loaded Expedition, identical to @edizzle , but with second row bench vs. buckets. The funny thing is the dealer told us if we change our mind and opt of a Navigator later on, they won't charge a dime because they need more Expy's on the lot..ha! They didn't even request any down payment.

8 week order cycle and I got the verbal accept on my trade-in value (doesn't mean much, but I can use it later if need be).

I'm still working on one dealership to drop their drawers for a Navigator select, but I doubt they do it. That would be the only reason I back out, as it's a select with PP seats, Pano and Tech. Currently about 7K more, but they are mulling over an offer to make it 3K more. Doubt they take it, which is fine with me!

Good choice. One kid friendly thing I like more about the Expedition is the 2 cup holders in the back of the front center console. The Navi doesn’t have this. Instead they put it on the ground, by your feet (coming out of the front center console). For little kids that is unusable. Granted both already have cup holders in the door but on long trips, we always seem to be running out of space for everyone’s drinks.

One other thing to think about that might make it easier to be content: you don’t HAVE to keep the Expy for 8 years. Life is too short to be envious of another ride that you can afford but just restrain yourself from. In 4 years, if you’re ready to step into a Navigator, just go trade that Expy in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Garrett

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
HELP!!!!!!!

Ok, so I'm only 1 week into my 8+ week wait, but the dealer has located an Expy that has everything I custom ordered PLUS the tow package, and they can get it to me in a couple of days. Apparently this was a custom order that fell through, so the car has been on the lot for 40 days....

should I pull the trigger on this one or wait for my brand new order to come (without the tow package)?

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HELP!!!!!!!

Ok, so I'm only 1 week into my 8+ week wait, but the dealer has located an Expy that has everything I custom ordered PLUS the tow package, and they can get it to me in a couple of days. Apparently this was a custom order that fell through, so the car has been on the lot for 40 days....

should I pull the trigger on this one or wait for my brand new order to come (without the tow package)?

I say go for it. Why wait? try to wheel and deal on this one, it’s the same truck you want and it’s available. not like these are embossed with our names if we order them they are all built for the dealers.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can buy a brand new XL for under $50K without trying.

Its not equal to the F150 XL model either. On an Expedition XL you get power windows, locks, tilt, cruise, cloth seats, full carpeting, remote entry, back-up camera, push button start, alloy wheels, MP3 player, tow package, front and rear air, running boards, power mirrors - the list goes on. Its a nice truck nobody would be embarrassed to drive.

Where I live, the Platinums and Limiteds sold first and went quickly - the XLTs and XLs are largely sitting on the lots.

If $50K is still out of your budget and you must own something brand spankin new, you shouldn't be looking at an Expedition.

Some dealers can do high 40,000s on a nicely loaded XLT trim with invoice pricing so I’d imagine you can get a screaming deal on an XL. Really once you shop it the sticker shock goes away, I agree with some negotiation you can get these relatively cheap, after all they want to sell them.