Swap 2013 Expy Limitied for 2011 Navigator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello all,

I bought a 2013 Limited a little under a year ago. I have 52,400 miles on it now and have not had a single problem. It's my second Expy, the first one was a 2006 copper EB that I bought new and finally traded in for my current one after 170,000 glorious miles (man I loved that vehicle).

My usual dealer just got in a 2011 Navigator with 37,400 miles. I just realized after doing some calculations that I could swap rides and end up with almost exactly the same monthly payment as I have now. So, my question is, do you think it's worth trading my Expy in for a slightly older Navigator that has 15,000 miles less on it? I really like my Expedition, so it's got really nothing to do with her ("it's not you, it's me"). Both trucks are the same color tuxedo black, although the Navi has probably a bit too much bling on the body than I like, but not enough to completely detour me from considering this. I do not have any history with a Navigator so don't know if its nuances are the same as the Expy's (which I know quite well since I've owned one for 10 years).

Anybody have any thoughts one way or the other? Quite honestly I wouldn't even be considering this had this particular situation not just popped up. Just curious, thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I prefer the Ex but it's your decision. I would look at everything on the two trucks though because one has to be better than the other in some way... Also (my $.02) I think the expy is more of a sporty/outdoorsperson's truck whereas the Nav is more of a luxury/city businessman's truck but to each is own they are basically the exact same with different styling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To me that would be entirely up to you to decide Why ask others for an opinion when you are going to be the owner and be making the payments and in the end it will be your decision. And most of the time when I would give others my thoughts it was a waste of my time because people still will do what they want. Or are you looking for someone to talk you into or out of making a decision??

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd probably go for the Navi if it were me. Granted, there aren't huge differences between the two, but the Navi has far nicer interior and better ride. It also has HIDs rather than the sad nightlights Ford tried to pass off as headlights on the Expy. I could light the road up better with a glow stick. :/ The biggest deterrent for me would be the cost of fixing/replacing the air ride when it inevitably goes.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd probably go for the Navi if it were me. Granted, there aren't huge differences between the two, but the Navi has far nicer interior and better ride. It also has HIDs rather than the sad nightlights Ford tried to pass off as headlights on the Expy. I could light the road up better with a glow stick. :/ The biggest deterrent for me would be the cost of fixing/replacing the air ride when it inevitably goes.

Agreed, why i bought the nav over the ex. The expy looks better but the navis interior is better and rides better and ull spend more time inside it than looking at it. In your case though, id keep what i got, seeing as its a newer and no problems.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies so far.

Another way to phrase this: for the same price, would you rather have a newer 2013 Expedition Limited or a slighter older 2011 Navigator, but with 15k fewer miles?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what does it matter what others would want The decision is yours Just make it and be happy. The only person that can see it and drive it in order to give a better opinion is you. I always love these WHAT IF questions.