Sync v3.3 Update Successful

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
If you are at 2.2 or above the website will allow you and instruct you on doing it via USB. If you are 1.0 (from what Ford told me) you have to go to the dealership to get it done. Or follow some of the threads in here on how to obtain it yourself if you are 1.0. My Expedition came installed with 2.0 and I updated to 2.2 using threads on here and then 3.0 from Ford's website. If you are at 1.0 I would highly recommend getting higher (at least 2.2) Worked great.
What will I gain that I don’t already have

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
3.0. Sorry. Sync 3 v3.0

You get WAZE for one.
I installed 3.0 in early March, and I don't get the Waze app on my Sync system. What kind of phone do you have? I have an iPhone 5S.

Frankly, thats all I wanted to get from 3.0.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well crap. Just figured out how to get Waze on Sync 3 if you have an iPhone and Sync 3 v3.0.

1. Power on the Sync system
2. Plug in the USB cord
3. Disable CarPlay
4. Update Mobile Apps in the Settings Menu
5. Open Mobile Apps (a Waze icon should be there)
6. Start Wazing

I just finished two long trips without knowing this.

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Going from 1.0 to 2.0 or later you are will get Android Auto and if you have the upgraded hub that comes on the 2017 CarPlay.

I upgraded the hub on my 2016. Part runs $50-65 bucks, list price is $100. Cheapest dealer I found selling it for $50 wanted $15 shipping. You will need a couple nylon interior tools to pry out the old one.

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are at 2.2 or above the website will allow you and instruct you on doing it via USB. If you are 1.0 (from what Ford told me) you have to go to the dealership to get it done. Or follow some of the threads in here on how to obtain it yourself if you are 1.0. My Expedition came installed with 2.0 and I updated to 2.2 using threads on here and then 3.0 from Ford's website. If you are at 1.0 I would highly recommend getting higher (at least 2.2) Worked great.
Any idea where these magical threads are on here? I've been looking for an update for my v1 sync since I bought the truck last month.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go to https://owner.ford.com and sign up if you haven't already. On that site will be links to updates to the Sync system for your truck, along with instructions. Do you have a Sync 3 system?

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go to https://owner.ford.com and sign up if you haven't already. On that site will be links to updates to the Sync system for your truck, along with instructions. Do you have a Sync 3 system?
Can't speak about any other version, but Ford's website won't give you the updates for sync 1 on thier website. There's a link, but it's broken.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziZ