Sync4A Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skylais

Reaction score
23, nothing. Even connected to FDRS few weeks ago and nothing.
Guess it’s 22’s first.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've noticed (what I consider) a bug and curious of anyone has found a workaround. Has anyone using Apple Carplay noticed that after the update, when you go to Carplay, it defaults to 'Favorites'? I swear Carplay used to return your last used App. I haven't found where I can change this, nor have I found where I can set a Favorite to reduce clicks required to get to where I was. I'd be happier if it defaulted to Home screen rather than Favorites, if it can't remember where it was.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've noticed (what I consider) a bug and curious of anyone has found a workaround. Has anyone using Apple Carplay noticed that after the update, when you go to Carplay, it defaults to 'Favorites'? I swear Carplay used to return your last used App. I haven't found where I can change this, nor have I found where I can set a Favorite to reduce clicks required to get to where I was. I'd be happier if it defaulted to Home screen rather than Favorites, if it can't remember where it was.
Yes. It’s quite frustrating. But I also don’t know if it’s a sync issue or a CarPlay issue.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
At least I know it's not just me. :)
You have an issue also with momentary static when clicking into CarPlay the first time? It’s almost like the audio is slightly distorted as it’s changing sources the first time.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have an issue also with momentary static when clicking into CarPlay the first time? It’s almost like the audio is slightly distorted as it’s changing sources the first time.
Sorry for my late reply - no I don't notice the static issue. I'll have to pay more attention. I wish I could at least figure out how to set a 'Favorite' so it's not a complete waste to open on that screen...

JohnSC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got back to back (almost) updates 10/18 and 10/21, with different features added. Is this common?

I do like the one touch camera change. But it was a real surprise to see the update as it does make a major new top level interface so there is a bit of learning to figure out where everything went. And the colors were different - it looked for a minute like I got into the wrong car! And I did not really notice until I was on the road, so it was a bit distracting to try to find the radio and then later to answer the phone in the new manu structure.

ExpyEverest

Reaction score
Hey Everyone… soo I wanted to see where everyone was with these updates. I have a ‘23 Timberline with the 15inch 4a sync..

But mine still seems to be on 22277 revision 588 or according to the sync update checker page, sync 4.0.22277

It tells me that I have the latest version, and when I called fords OTA update team, they told me it looked like they weren’t seeing any updates sent to it since I bought back in September of 23..

Any one else have a 23 on here that has the new update that gives you the camera button and ability to use the knob for the fan and temp, etc?

Dealer told me Ford does the updates and they can’t install them, I suspect that translates to they don’t want to mess with it?

Any help would be appreciated.