tape deck help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expedition907

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an 04 expedition, the stock tape player makes grinding noise when injected with a tape and tries to flip sides and plays music then ejects and displays Bad Tape...any info?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get new head unit...everyone has probs with the cd function too...new head unit

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

OP
OP
Expedition907

Expedition907

Full Access Members
Reaction score
first time its done that before. stock CD player works fine, I was using the tape adapter for my ipod. which would someone prefer buying? I was checking out Bluetooth for hook up with ipod instead of wires or line in.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They make an ipod adapter for our trucks...vs old school way ur doing it...really...I would buy another hu with bt/ipod...well worth the cange and they aren't that costly as u may think...if money is a concern I totally understand

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
If you want to stay 'old school' check this first:

On your little cassette adapter thing, make sure when you spin one of the wheels that the other one spins too. If it doesn't, then you need a new adapter. If the 'feed wheel' doesn't spin, it triggers the cassette player to reverse.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They make an ipod adapter for our trucks...vs old school way ur doing it...really...I would buy another hu with bt/ipod...well worth the cange and they aren't that costly as u may think...if money is a concern I totally understand

Freeway can you restate that in English - sorry I didn't understand what you meant with the initials. I'm using one of those FM transmitters and I hate it. I'd like to find a better way to connect my iPod and satellite radio to the stock radio.

Thanks,

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Freeway can you restate that in English - sorry I didn't understand what you meant with the initials. I'm using one of those FM transmitters and I hate it. I'd like to find a better way to connect my iPod and satellite radio to the stock radio.

Thanks,

He's saying get a new head unit that has the ipod controls built in. Some have a blue tooth feature as well. No adapters needed.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes...theres a lag with my wireless keyboard and leaves out letters sometimes

OP
OP
Expedition907

Expedition907

Full Access Members
Reaction score
is it single din or double din? since it has both cd and tape...probably double din right? to change out the stock one

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
U can put either in for replacement...but the expedition came with DDiin factory head unit...I think there was an option for tape or not...I don't recall my factory unit having tape...just cd and radio