Thank you AdvanceTrac!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Used AdvanceTrac a little today, freezing rain and lots of cars spun out. Traffic was suddenly stopped because of a mass of spin-outs and everyone hit the brakes....AdvanceTrac assisted in helping stop the Expy quick and in a straight line. Always drive slow in this doo doo-even that is still sketchy! Better to not drive at all if you can help it!

Last edited:

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm in San Antonio. It's 57 here. Since this is Texas, we are not leaving the house without a jacket and winter boots, and the Expy is packed for a cross country survival trek. Just in Case. We're supposed to drop to 33 tonight. If it snows, we will be hitting the panic button.

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm in San Antonio. It's 57 here. Since this is Texas, we are not leaving the house without a jacket and winter boots, and the Expy is packed for a cross country survival trek. Just in Case. We're supposed to drop to 33 tonight. If it snows, we will be hitting the panic button.

I'm hoping that's sarcastic humor.

-35c here

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now that I’m in this AdvanceTrac group, I must say, I’m kind of impressed. Now don’t get me wrong: it sucks all fun out of winter driving, but it does a great job of keeping everything under control.

My old 1st gen, I could kick it sideways with a quick blip of the throttle (sometimes it would cost me and I’d loop it) and keep it sideways for hundreds of feet. Donuts were mandatory.

The 3rd gen isn’t having any of that. I might be able to start it sideways, but then it cuts power and engages brakes and the fun comes to a halt. That is, until you hold the TCS OFF button for 5 seconds...... Then the lack of noticeable engine noise (better insulation and factory exhaust vs 1st gen with Magnaflow) leads to too much throttle and too much wheel spin.

But if I’m wanting to just drive down the road without any drama, I’ll let it do its thing.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought that feature was unnecessary but it's like the annoying TPMS sensors, it's for people that, well...……...

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought that feature was unnecessary but it's like the annoying TPMS sensors, it's for people that, well...……...

You can disable all of it if you want and be in the stone ages lol....I love the TPMS system too. This morning it went off and alerted me. Sure enough my drivers rear tire was down to 27 PSI, should be at 35 PSI. That lower pressure will cause unwanted tread wear to my new tires and I would not have ever caught it by eye. I guess the alternative is to walk around and check my pressures every week? No thanks I’ll let the truck tell me when it’s low.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score

My in-laws live in SC and they treat 1" of snow like it's Armageddon.

I can't fathom why anyone would want to be without either. TPMS is largely convenience, but why not make use of it when it's there? I truly can't see any downside to it at all. As for stability/traction control systems, there are specific occasions when having them off is beneficial, but for day-to-day driving they're a godsend. Even if you've had professional driver trainer for LE or the race track (and I did both years ago), it's not humanly possible to accomplish what these systems can do in emergency situations.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How are TPMS sensors annoying?
Batteries go dead, you get winter wheels and have to pay lots extra for them, etc. The light and the text on the dash is so annoying that there is a company that makes $65 gadgets to turn them off and people are putting sensors in pressurized tubes also to get rid of that dam light icon and text taking over your info box under the speedo. Lots of people really hate them.