thanks all from a newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riccoh

Reaction score
Well i must start by saying that this is by far the best informative forum I've been part of. I just got a 1997 Expi from a co worker for a mere 4k due to the problems he was having.
thanks to this board, i manage to fix the following with just $13.63 out of pocket:
free:
fixed the gear indicator with a bit of gorrilla glue and a ziptide
fixed the rear wiper arm with a washer from my mustang rotors retainer clips
fixed the horn
fixed the iddle issue by cleaning the intake and trothle body
fixed the driver side door rattle with hot glue (came of the track)
fixed the driver power seat by lubricating the tracks and power shafts
fixed the rear child locks so now people don't get stuck inside

spend only $13.63 on new sway bar bushings

already had the following so made some changes:
remove the factory head unit, cd changer and door speakers and replace them with Polk and JVC gear (free since I had that stuff laying around)
added some Dubs (Ice 882's and falken 285/45/22 with black inserts and also got the chrome ones just incase

the beast is a White 4X2 Xlt with the 4.6, but know I don't have to add miles to my Denali since that thing is a lemon and haven't used it in two weeks.
Hell my neighbors now want to buy the POLAR BEAR for twice what I paid and that is not going to happend...

Again thanks to all of you for all the vast knowladge you all have on the expi's on this board....

OP
OP
R

riccoh

Reaction score
as soon as take some pics tomorrow i will.. just need to clean it up a bit since it been raining all week

OP
OP
R

riccoh

Reaction score
that was easy to fix the child lock,
1. I took out the door panel,
2. Taped some used some rags to cover the outside door handle(preventing any wd40 to get to the paint)
3. took out the little blcak cover for the child lock
4. unlock the child lock and as you operate the inside handle you can see how the mechanism operates, as you work the handle and the lock moves up, start spraying the WD40
5. this will help remove the old dryed up grease on the mechanism, do not use choke cleaner or brake cleaner, it will mess up your paint job
6. once you do this about 15-20 times you can see that the mechanism is now free and cleaned.
7. spray i twith some compress air, to remove the excess lubricant and apply white lithium grease or motorcycle chain wax. I preffer chain wax as it will disolve on its own and not cake into the mechanism.