The old hidden key under the bumper trick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

So since there is the remote door unlock on the driver side i can get into my car at any time....but the key itself might be lost and the second key unavailable.....

do you see any major problems with a well hidden spare key inside the car as a spare?

Keydo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sure, hide it in the glove box!

Actually, if I did try to hide a key in the interior portion of the car, I'd probably try to hide it behind a trim piece that you would have to remove to get to. Not an obvious trim piece either (like where the jack is).

Maybe underneath the driver or passenger window control panel comes to mind.

OP
OP
G

By all means, its safer than the mag. holders on the outside! Just find a secure place to put it!! Personally, the sunglass holder is great. who would look there, and if they did, they would have to "feel for it".

OP
OP
G

Thanks for telling me where you guys keep the spare, I could use an extra expy... HAHAHAHA

OP
OP
G

I didn't say thats where I kept mine, I'm not that stupid! I was only suggesting a place. Besides, you have to get in first and the big dog in the yard might hamper that attempt.:troll:

daveplot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On a friends truck I put the spare key on a key ring that was screwed to the frame under the truck in a remote place, then taped with duct tape so it won't rattle. It has the advantage of no one knowing where it is, and it won't fall off.

OP
OP
G

Try putting it inside of the sliders on top of the truck. It is simple to take one of the bars off and place it inside the piece.

crushtang

Reaction score
You don't necessarily have to hide it in the interior. As long as you can get inside with your keypad, you could always find a place under the hood to hide it. I don't think too many people would think to look there.