Thinking about getting a newer Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Years back when I was first tinkering with cars/trucks, I was at a parts store here in San Francisco called Scherba's. I remember there in the spark plug section, they sold little 14 and 18 mm spark plug non oil foulers. I thought, what a clever idea, a small hole that let spark through, but no oil to foul plug. I asked a mechanic friend about them, his reply, you use one or two when your trying to sell that worn out car to some other slob. Same's gotta be true for the lock out adapter. One thing I've learned working on vehicles, 2 wheel or 4, is you can't cheat. Everytime I tried, it came back to bite me in the ass. The newer the car, the deeper the bite!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Moose, you're 100% right! I'm reading this thread and keep saying to myself "Just fix the darn thing!"

If you're taking off the timing chain cover, why not bother doing the job. Buy the parts and go at it and have a truck that works as it's designed to work.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well remember what PT Barnum said about a fool born every minute. I'd like to hear from someone here that tried the phaser bypass. Apparently they don't work, or we've got the individuals that were born the odd minute here, and know better. And or, you stated they work. Have you done this conversion, or just going by what the manufacturer said. And Rj, the value of 05-14 Expeditions have if anything gotten higher on their value. A rusted out high mileage example is available cheap, but who wants one? It's funny how these 3valve engines remind me of the loyalty that 1960/70's British car owners have. They put up with all kinds of garbage, from motor issues to brakes. Funny how we look the other way when theirs something we like. We do it everyday with our girlfriends/wives. Their like a high maintenance car, but worth it! Now if we could all get a woman that's as trouble free as a Toyota Corolla!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT