Throttle Body replacement-oil film

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmc3

Reaction score
I was getting the engine limp mode problem described in other posts.
I removed the throttle body and cleaned it with carburetor cleaner, and WD-40 for all the moving pieces.
This fix worked great for about 2K miles. Then I got the wrench & limp mode out on the highway.
This time I replaced the throttle body.
While inspecting the old part I noticed a light deposit of oil on the inside bottom half of the flapper valve. Is this normal? (2017 XLT 100k miles)

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was getting the engine limp mode problem described in other posts.
I removed the throttle body and cleaned it with carburetor cleaner, and WD-40 for all the moving pieces.
This fix worked great for about 2K miles. Then I got the wrench & limp mode out on the highway.
This time I replaced the throttle body.
While inspecting the old part I noticed a light deposit of oil on the inside bottom half of the flapper valve. Is this normal? (2017 XLT 100k miles)

Mine had the same issue around the same mileage. Catch can would probably help here, if you plan on keeping the vehicle for awhile.

OP
OP
cmc3

cmc3

Reaction score
Going to keep it until it's a worn out rusted hulk.

At 100k I still need to drive with the window down so I don't gag on the new car smell.