Tint made all the difference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here in Mass its law that you cant go below 35% tint. (unless u have a tint waiver) They also check tint percentage as well during the yearly safety inspection.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ya'll did understand the OP's tint does not look dark, and limits visual light very little in comparison to even the lightest gray tint right? It is Ceramic, and blocks almost all UV, and a good chunk of IR. Basically most of the benefits of a tint, without the negatives.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting. But you'd also have to be (or drive like) an @sshole for them to go through the trouble of ticketing for that equipment violation as well.

100%. I have had illegal tint for 25 years and have never been stopped or cited for it. My wife, however, who is just naturally snotty, got a tint ticket following an accident. She has also never, ever left a traffic stop with a warning or had a ticket dismissed even if she shows up for court. Heck, the last time she got pulled over - in our little town with 2 officers and the most laid back police I have ever met - not only did she get a ticket, but the cop was like: "Do you have any warrants? Keep your hands where I can see them." lol

LG_123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put clear tint on the windshield too and found it makes a huge difference for the sun. Ceramic all the way

gtr09

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I despise vehicle owners that tint their front side windows and windshield so dark (in violation of the traffic laws) that it is impossible to determine if someone is inside - let alone allows me to see if the other driver can see me (such as at a round-about), changing lanes, turning, etc.

I wish the cops would enforce the tint laws more rigorously.

The extremely dark tint on the windshield and front side windows is also a safety issue, when law enforcement officers approach a vehicle.
I hope you get a speeding ticket for 3 over today.

TheVI

Reaction score
Maybe where you are located but not true here
Airblue80 is awesome stuff. I had it on my 2500 Megacab (made a big difference in cabin temp) and have an appt to get this and all windows done in ceramic on my Timberline..

OP
OP
Mr Big

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update: I've had Llumar ceramic Arblue 80 on my Expy for a few days now.
The results are day and night on heat in the cab. Of course if it is parked in the hot Florida Sun for hours, the cab is going to be hot. But the temp difference in the cab is way cooler, even with the pano roof open on a hot sunny day. And there is no heat generating through the windshield, causing the a/c to slow the fan down much faster. I always ran the a/c in auto on 70, with fan on high. But now 72 feels just as cold in the cab. Add to that no difference in shading and no more UV killing my interior, it was well worth the expense.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I need that for the Texas sun, but with us preparing to move to a new house, it's not happening this summer. Thanks for sharing your experience.

ElectrifyCLT

Reaction score
Update: I've had Llumar ceramic Arblue 80 on my Expy for a few days now.
The results are day and night on heat in the cab. Of course if it is parked in the hot Florida Sun for hours, the cab is going to be hot. But the temp difference in the cab is way cooler, even with the pano roof open on a hot sunny day. And there is no heat generating through the windshield, causing the a/c to slow the fan down much faster. I always ran the a/c in auto on 70, with fan on high. But now 72 feels just as cold in the cab. Add to that no difference in shading and no more UV killing my interior, it was well worth the expense.

I'm getting FormulaOne Stratos put on my side windows and AirBlue 80 on my sunroof next week. Unfortunately Tint is tested in NC at every annual inspection so I can't do the windshield without a medical waiver. The Mach-E has an IRR blocking windshield and it's an absolute game changer. I'm going to get a decent amount of benefit from the Ceramic on the sunroof and side windows though.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani