Tips for an Expy newby appreciated.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knautical2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Freeway, you getting my duals? LOL I love it, it has the throaty sound and looks great. I didn't get to take a picture, but they painted the pipes black with high heat paint up to my tips. It looks great. Once I get home I will take a picture and post it along with everything else I do to it.

As for fuel pump, I haven't had any problems with mine. Just regular scheduled maintaince.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i always wanted duals but was told couldnt do it...but they were trying to run through spaces like they normally do...yours isnt like that...it outside the frame...i can do that...

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To the op. Remember that a lot of the problems are generation specific. A lot of the people posting do not have a third gen so take that with a grain of salt. The fuel pump I do tell you is a problem along with the tranny. This is from personal experience and from doing tons of reading over on ford trucks.com If you have the time take a look at their 3rd gen expi section and do a search for trannys.

Drth Vdr

Reaction score
My '08 has 42,*** miles and I've had 2 problems - (1) paint bubbling on the rear hatch (repainted under warranty at 35k miles) and (2) driver's side window is getting slow. I plan to tear it apart and take a look in the spring. I understand that some lubricant goes a long way toward fixing this if it's caught early enough.

I change the 100% synthetic oil every 6k-7k miles (1x per year at the current rate, I also do an oil filter change at 6 months) and had the tranny flushed at 30k (plan to do it again at 60k). I also do the fuel filter with the oil changes, 1x per year.

I also make sure to come to a complete stop at stop signs to let it shift into 1st - hoping this will extend the life of the transmission.

dariod

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had 2007 that I put 350K miles no major problems. Traded it for 2011 EL expo in october and already have 40K miles in 5 months no problems so far.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you live in the country and drive to the city daily? what do you do to gain so many miles so fast? looks like you live in CHI

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1