Tire Poke and Rock Chips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Going with bigger tires its almost impossible to eliminate all the tire poke. Everyone has their definition of poke. To me its how much the tread (not the tire) sticks out.

My question is those with poke, do you experience it getting dirtier or more rock chips? Or do the running board pick most of it up?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Going with bigger tires its almost impossible to eliminate all the tire poke. Everyone has their definition of poke. To me its how much the tread (not the tire) sticks out.

My question is those with poke, do you experience it getting dirtier or more rock chips? Or do the running board pick most of it up?

I live in a semi-rural area.

A lot of the young bucks drive their pickup trucks, Jeeps, and 4WD vehicle’s with extended wheels and tires. I think some measure their manhood by the extension of the wheels and tires, the loudness of their exhaust, and the height of their vehicle lift.

The tires throw water, debris, sand, rocks, etc. up ito the air, and at times onto the vehicle alongside or behind them.

I have never understood why people extend their tires beyond the fenders / wheel liners?

OP
OP
LazSlate

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I live in a semi-rural area.

A lot of the young bucks drive their pickup trucks, Jeeps, and 4WD vehicle’s with extended wheels and tires. I think some measure their manhood by the extension of the wheels and tires, the loudness of their exhaust, and the height of their vehicle lift.

The tires throw water, debris, sand, rocks, etc. up ito the air, and at times onto the vehicle alongside or behind them.

I have never understood why people extend their tires beyond the fenders / wheel liners?

Totally agree I am anti poke. What I am referring to is the flush or 1/4 past fender which looks nothing like those 4" stick out wheels.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It looks retarded, but they do measure themselves by it. lol.

My stock 22" wheel expedition with mud flaps stays exceptionally clean because the tires are IN the fenders. If you extend them, I guarantee it'll puke the sides full of everything the tire contacts.