Tire size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walsh

Reaction score
I have a 1997 ford expedition 4x4 5.4L with a three inch body lift and 285/75/16 toyo mt. The rims are ion 174 alloy machine lip 16 x 8 with -5 offset. We use the truck on and off road.The tires were put on before the lift and have work well with no rubbing. Now that the truck has a body lift the tires look small in the wheel well and look out of place. I need to replace the four tires as they are worn down and would like to know what size tire can I fit with no rubing and will fill the wheel well. Me and my wife both drive the truck and if she was to here the tire rub it would freak her out and she will not drive it.

harliemae

Reaction score
I'm not sure where you live but if you happen to have a mr. Tire around you I would suggest stopping in there. What day have done for me in the past with different projects as tried different size tires so we could see which ones would fit and not rub and fill up the wheel well. Wherever you're at if you don't have a mr. Tire perhaps find a small shop that wouldn't mind helping you. Places like Goodyear and Firestone and NTW won't do that. Good luck

OP
OP
W

Walsh

Reaction score
ive check several places and once you mount the tires there yours for better or worst.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Used tire shops might be somewhat more amenable to experimentation as long as you keep paying them labor for every tire mounted