tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pooleo8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
BFG AT hands down. Superior stoping power/traction. Superior snow/rain traction. Aggresive looks. Rim guard. I run this tire on all my trucks, it is the best tire I have ever run.

The Grabber AT2's..... JUNK! I had a set on my ranger in a 265/70/16. I got stuck in wet grass. With my BFG AT, that would not have happened.

Also, the BFG AT has EXCELLENT tire wear. Heres a pic of mine at over 10k miles.

DSCN1721.jpg

DSCN1717.jpg

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Michelin LTX M/S2 - I have these on mine and could not be happier with them. But I am 90% on road. I have had them through two rainy seasons here in FL and very happy with the way they hold the road - even pulling into traffic on wet roads in my non-LSD 4x4 Expy (still no clue why it was ordered that way). They have seen some very light mud and lots of slick boat ramps. They may even see snow here in the next couple of weeks if we take it to NC. They are expensive, but I have run them on my last 3 vehicles. Good luck, Mike.

KC Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Firestone Destination LE's if you dont do any off roading. Had a set on my Explorer, and they did EXCELLENT in the Rain & Snow as well as on dry pavement, VERY good wear and smooth quiet ride. Nice thing is there is a Firestone dealer almost anywhere if you needed to use the road hazzard warranty.

When I traded the Explorer for the Expedition, I went with the Firestone Destination AT's which is a bit more agressive. So far they have been very quiet, and have excellent traction.

Go to TireRack.com and check the customer reviews for various tires. That was very helpful for me. Good Luck!

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i loved my bfgs as well. but they didnt love the truck. those things took a beating though. plug in one tire sidewall missing on another tiger scratched on another and super uneven wear on the 4th. but yet they were bald and held up great. again i love the falkens as well. im hoping to test them in the desert this season, hopefully.