Tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dev199505

Reaction score
I'll be moving to Utah in April wondering what the best tires for wet are. Weather in Utah is crazy (may even still be snowing) so need some good tires any recommendation?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
since it snows I suggest all-weather tires...I love forteza triple thread...soft quiet ride for rain...mud...snow

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you ever see yourself getting offroad? Do you want an aggressive looking tire?

Where in Utah? I live in Colorado and we can get snow anywhere from September to May in the Denver metro area. I have Big O Big Foot (regional tire chain) all-terrain tire on my Expedition and Michelin LTX M/S2 on the wife's Escape. Both work pretty well but the M/S2 are probably better in the snow and on highway- I wouldn't take them off road though.

OP
OP
D

dev199505

Reaction score
Do you ever see yourself getting offroad? Do you want an aggressive looking tire?

Where in Utah? I live in Colorado and we can get snow anywhere from September to May in the Denver metro area. I have Big O Big Foot (regional tire chain) all-terrain tire on my Expedition and Michelin LTX M/S2 on the wife's Escape. Both work pretty well but the M/S2 are probably better in the snow and on highway- I wouldn't take them off road though.
I don't plan on doing a lot of off reading it is only the 2wd model. I'll be moving to northern Utah sevier county more than likely

AbbadonTD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With a 2wd vehicle I would tell you to go all season vs all terrain. If its going to be on roads, a good all season will give you better life. Do you tow?

OP
OP
D

dev199505

Reaction score
With a 2wd vehicle I would tell you to go all season vs all terrain. If its going to be on roads, a good all season will give you better life. Do you tow?
Not often but I will be towing when I move you got any affordable tires you'd recommend

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Keep an eye on discounttiresdirect.com and they are also on e-bay They offer some good deals. I have also been told that Cooper Tire will be having their rebates soon (sometime in March) and discounttiresdirect.com does pass on those rebates

OP
OP
D

dev199505

Reaction score
Keep an eye on discounttiresdirect.com and they are also on e-bay They offer some good deals. I have also been told that Cooper Tire will be having their rebates soon (sometime in March) and discounttiresdirect.com does pass on those rebates
It actually is 4x4 I'm buying it today

AbbadonTD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im not surprised, I didnt think there were non 4x4 ones of these beasts.

If you tow any real amount (more than 5000lbs) regularly, than HT tires are worth taking a look at, but it sounds like its not really your deal.

Id stick with an all season tire if you dont go off the pavement.

OP
OP
D

dev199505

Reaction score
Well I was supposed to get it yesterday but the guy backed out of buying my 1990 bronco 2