Took plastidip to a new level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JTKustoms

JTKustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alright you motivated me... I have a black grille in the mail now (current one has a hole in it from an unfortunate incident with a deer) and I am plasti-dipping my bumpers black when I get that on.

i think black bumpers will looks awesome on your truck

superexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The running boards? i didnt try to paint those and i had started peeling them in these pics so don't base the decision off of me. Any white you see on them is basically overspray, not a real buildup of paint. But literally all you do to clean this stuff is pressure wash it and everything comes off easily

Yes, Running boards..... I had a ADD moment! You truck look good! I play alot with plastidip too on everything from my quad to my car but was always leary of doing my running boards or front bumper but I may just have to try it. Ill just peel it off if it doesnt work the way I want it too.

OP
OP
JTKustoms

JTKustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, Running boards..... I had a ADD moment! You truck look good! I play alot with plastidip too on everything from my quad to my car but was always leary of doing my running boards or front bumper but I may just have to try it. Ill just peel it off if it doesnt work the way I want it too.

So I spoke to a guy I know who had a shop dip his f350 in the winter. He said he had them dip the running boards as a test and he planned on keeping track of how many times he stepped on them until he wore through it. The final amount of times stepped on until failure was 132....so yes it's durable enough for running boards but not for a very long time

OP
OP
JTKustoms

JTKustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just curious JT, have you ever considered removing the boards?

Considering it for this year, nobody uses them anyways ever since I lowered it. I'm just more concerned about having the frame rails or some other rusty ugly object being visible

Edmund K

Full Access Members
Reaction score
JT that is great, and you didn't need a spray booth! I've been looking at Dipyourcar.com's videos, and was wondering when he was going to dip a big vehicle like an Expy; you should send Fonzie some pics! What was your paint sprayer set up?

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Considering it for this year, nobody uses them anyways ever since I lowered it. I'm just more concerned about having the frame rails or some other rusty ugly object being visible

Yeah I hear you there. The problem I have too is that the rocker panels were pretty rusted out before I took off my boards, and now they are even worse since the boards aren't there to take some of the beating. It also became apparent as I took one side off, that they were not going to go back on even if I wanted them to haha.

OP
OP
JTKustoms

JTKustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
JT that is great, and you didn't need a spray booth! I've been looking at Dipyourcar.com's videos, and was wondering when he was going to dip a big vehicle like an Expy; you should send Fonzie some pics! What was your paint sprayer set up?

Thanks man, and I plan on sending him pics once I finish the rims and get them on the truck. I find it really funny how their wheel kit is 4 spray cans....to do my wheels I needed 13 cans. And yup no booth, just a 70 degree day with no wind, the sprayer was a cheap Earlax gun that came with the kit. We did my buddy's ram the day before my truck too and the gun held up perfectly for 2 vehicles