Touch up that rock chip.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

designit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How do you do it?

When do you do it?

Do you thin the paint? do you buff it in after it sets & almost hardened?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm going to be the test dummy for these MULTIPLE threads that SHOULD'VE been ONE thread...

have you heard of TOUCH UP PAINT?

OP
OP
designit

designit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
come on man... These are all relevant. If not, why wouldn't we just have a detail 'thread' instead of a topic section? Of course I've heard of touch up paint but there's a way to do it and a way not to do it.

I have my methods, but just wondering if anyone else has a cool tip or trick

Besides, I can't afford a car like you have (that's too new to get paint chips) :upyours:

:joke:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYSA...they are working on a detailing section so that should be up and running soon...that has already been requested...

there are plenty of threads/post on here...so if you conduct a search on your questions i'm pretty sure something will come up...

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It depends on the size of the rock chip. If it's a smaller one (smaller than the entire brush), I take a toothpick and put in paint, little by little to fill in the spot.

For the bigger ones, I suppose you could (carefully) brush it and let it dry. Then, you could try wet sanding it (along with part of the surrounding area), and polishing back to better blend it in.

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
metalic paints must be sprayed even if you just cut a small hole in a piece of paper hold it over and spray. dont use brush for metalics cause they will bunch um etc and in the sunshine you will see a difference especially if it is a decent scratch or big rock chip you repaired