Tow Hooks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think i saw someone either on here, f150 forum, or cardomain.com that installed HIDs in that area...looked kinda good.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i do know that some expeditions dont have them. mine has them. but i can put my bull bar cause the bracket i have dosent allow the bar to go on cause the hooks are in the way. thats another reason why im selling my bull bar. if anyone wants it ill sell it for $200 or $250 with the fog lights.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
panda, it should still fit with the tow hooks on there. i have my tow hooks, brush guard, and winch all mounted to same spot.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
dammit why do i keep saying bull bar. i mean brush guard. BRUSH GUARD. i need to write it a few times on the chalk board to get it in my head. haha yeah i thought it would too but then i saw that the mounting plates dont fit with the hooks in place. they rub against them. o well. im going to make a new bumper anyways. so ill be good.

OP
OP
joezek

joezek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
BTW I was at the Ford dealer looking up some paint codes the other day. I asked the parts guy how to get a window sticker. He tried to print one up and it wouldn't work. So he showed me the build sheet for my truck on the computer screen. It said "Less tow hooks", which meant it didn't come with them from the factory. So they're not missing, they were never there. I wonder why there isn't a cover for those big holes in the bumper on EXP's with no hooks. It looks funny.

hautevue

Reaction score
They were standard on my 08 EXP EL. I would imagine you could get them for next to nothing at a junk yard. Bring a BIG socket wrench..[grin!]

Unless you need to keep them off so other parts don't interfere, you probably should get them if they are cheap. You never know when you'll need to be pulled out from something, and the tow hooks (actually loops) will save you a lot of aggravation and cost.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mphilli